Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Zack Samuel Scott

After a waiting period of 39 weeks, Zack arrived on Sunday, April 10th at 6.41pm, 8 pounds 4 ounces, almost 20 inches. So, he's lighter than the other 2, but taller. My dad and my Swiss brother-in-law had the right day, but otherwise on Keld's side of the family, Uncle Jordan is the closest with April 12th, Julia had the closest weight with 8.8 and as for looks, well, maybe you'll judge yourself.





If you don't want to know any more details about Zack's birth, please stop reading now.

My doctor had told me last Tuesday that there was a good chance he wouldn't see me for my next appointment the following Monday, but going to bed on Saturday night, I thought he had been a little bit too optimistic. Nothing was happening, except that Kelden couldn't fall asleep and when he finally did, Julia started complaining. I went to see her a few times, her ear ached, and I told her that she could come sleep in our bedroom if she would take some medicine. Taking medicine for Julia is like quitting chocolate for me. Anyway, at 1am she took it and that's when I started leaking. I had no other sign of labor, and my Mom told me that for me she was induced the day after her water broke, so I didn't think I had to rush to the hospital. I did call at 7am and they told me to come right away. Apparently, the risk of infection was greater now and they promised they would keep me. We left the children to my parents, picked up Mom and went to the hospital. The nurse checked me and the baby and confirmed that nothing was really going on. The doctor said that if nothing more was happening after noon, he woul induce me. We walked around but no improvement. I was induced around 1.30pm and got the epidural just when the contractions were getting stronger, so around 3.30pm I believe. I felt like fainting, and couldn't see people's faces well for a bit but I calmed down (well I tried to). The epidural worked really well, and unlike for Julia where it faded away so I could feel contractions towards the end, I didn't feel any pain any time. I did feel pressure and when I thought the pressure was quite strong, the nurse checked and said it was time to call the doctor. He thought he would have to come back for 10pm but it was only 6something, and so he had to stop watching the golf tournament because of me. I pushed but then was told to stop because it was coming on its own. I had never heard of not needing to push, but I was not going to complain. I was going to tear, so he cut me. That's what hurts now. The nurses keep asking you to judge your pain on a scale of 1 to 10. Well, for my deliveries, Kelden definitely is my 10, Julia maybe 7 and Zack would have to be 2.5 in comparison. Now, for recovery, it looks like it's the opposite. Can't have everything I guess...   

3 comments:

  1. It's time to change the "Zack or Emmy?" picture! ;)
    I can't wait to see him again, he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie! We sure do have a good looking family! I thought Ashely was having a girl but at least i was right with you! I thought you were having a boy! Although I am just a little sad there is no little Emmy around... Maybe next time! :) And Im glad that Zack won over Zach!!! Now that I have 2 new nephews and a 3rd one on the way, I wonder what I will be having!!!
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete