Monday, March 10, 2014

Sewing Lessons

Over a year ago, Sr Poirier had offered to give Julia sewing lessons. I wasn't sure Julia was ready but after the Young Women project and our free machine, I thought: why not now!
So we went to the store, and Sr Poirier went more than once. She got Julia a nice box with all the necessary beginners' stuff.


 
 
 



We adjusted the pedal:




And they started their first project:



 



They went pretty fast!




Thank you Sr Poirier !



They already have lots of ideas for their next projects...

2 comments:

  1. I saw her in that BEAUTIFUL dress on Sunday and I told her that I thought it was really pretty.....but I had NO IDEA she sewed it herself! WELL DONE! Sister Poirier is AMAZING with all the children in the ward. I just love her. I can't wait to see the other projects that Julia makes! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Poirier is always so generous with her time, talent and means! Julia you did such a good job with the dress- Special is SO proud of you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete