Monday, October 5, 2015

Happy Purple Anniversary !

General conference is always a great time and the October session is even more special with our anniversary, but this year, it was quite intense.  I've been wanting to paint our kitchen/dining room/accent wall and was going to do it as a project while all the kids are in school but, feeling very unsure about it all, I asked Keld if he would show me some tricks. My thought was that he would help me for the one wall on Saturday morning (or more if we had time) and I would do the rest the following week. I, being a beginner, didn't think it was such a big deal to do a little bit and continue later. Keld, being a pro, couldn't stand opening the can of paint just to have to wash everything a few minutes later. Once he had started, no one could stop him. Or maybe he kept going because he liked the way he painted better than mine...
Anyway, he started early on Saturday morning (not that he could sleep in with all my coughing) and did it all in one day, with our help, of course !








We went from the very impersonal boring brown to the colourful, character-filled plumville colour.





And that's how we got a purple anniversary !



1 comment:

  1. How did I know there would be a cake involved! :)

    ReplyDelete