Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Valentine and Family Days (I Went Curling!)

Valentine's day ended up being a snow day, following a strike day and before Family Day. The kids may not have as many vacation days as in France but this year, they surely are spoiled!

My highlight for this week-end was going curling! After almost 20 years in Canada, I have finally tried that sport! Keld stayed with Ryan and the other 3 went with me.




 There was someone to help us out and teach us a few tricks. We first started trying our balance with 2 rocks.






Then, with the broom (like you're supposed to).










The broom didn't help me enough, I fell. And again, being left-handed is my excuse. Most left-handed people are right-footed (and I think I am, I know I kick with my right foot at soccer).  So, with the slider on my right foot, I was really off-balance. I think Kelden had a hard time for the same reason. It takes us longer to adapt and find the necessary balance. Anyway,  the lady gave me something like a crutch, so it would be easier.







We had time to play a couple of ends. Zack and Julia against Kelden and I. The boys were much better by the end, but the phone was dead so I don't have videos of their best plays. I didn't improve much, especially not at sweeping!




















It was lots of fun !!

1 comment:

  1. Des jours de greve mais pourquoi, attention ils vont nous piquer nos methodes.

    ReplyDelete