Saturday, July 9, 2022

Swimming Lessons (Round One)

 This week, Ryan and Zack had swimming lessons with two cousins.



On the last day, I went to take pictures and videos. I thought I would get the cousins too so when approached Evan, his instructor told him to smile. As he wasn't complying she repeated "Smile, your mom wants to take a picture!" He looked at her as if she was crazy: "She's not my mom!" Then it was the instructor who looked at me as if I was crazy...so this is the best I got.





Scarlett was much more willing to smile!





Zack worked really hard. His record for the 150m is 5min 25s. He passed level 7.















Ryan had some fun but he also had some challenges. He didn't want to put his head in the water. 




I told the instructor that she could dunk him and so she did. The next day, the assistant manager went into the water too and dunked him again a couple of times and got him to do his "superman" with his head in the water. You could tell he wasn't that bothered to be all wet (he wouldn't rub his eyes or touch his nose) but he still didn't like it. I thought forcing him and showing him that it's not all that bad had worked (like it did for Julia who had to be pushed in...) as he put his head quite a few times in the water at the pool at Grandpa's with the cousins. However, the following day, he didn't want to go to the water at all! He finally did, but didn't put his head in the water..






Today, at Grandpa's pool, he again put his head in the water multiple times and also jumped a few times (another thing we had been trying to get him to do in vain.) When I asked him if he would do it with his instructor next time he has lessons, he said: Just send them a picture!




No comments:

Post a Comment