Friday, August 12, 2022

Finally Full-time Missionaries !

 


My parents didn't serve missions when they were young. My mom was getting ready to go when she met my dad and my dad was baptized at the age of 17. Somehow, they knew they had missed out and have always wanted to go together. 



It has taken of lot of time and preparation but they have finally been called to the Congo-Brazzaville mission. 





They will first serve under Président and Soeur Magré who are actually "old" friends of them. 



 The president, Jean-Luc, was my dad's neighbor. My dad actually baptized his parents. They went together to the Munich youth conference where my parents met. Jean-Luc is a few years younger than my dad and served a mission in Tahiti at the same time as my mom's sister Irène. 



I remember his parents quite well as they were my neighbors too! I even received a letter from her on my mission after she had passed away. 



Soeur Magré is somewhat known in the church since Elder Anderson talked about her in general conference (Spiritually Defining Memories.) 

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2020/04/15andersen?lang=eng



It is definitely very reassuring to know that they will be serving together! There are no other couple serving in the mission so it looks like they are going to be very busy. 18 months will fly by...



Have a safe trip this week-end!                




 


No comments:

Post a Comment