Friday, January 27, 2023

First Annual Dame Tartine Competition

I started this blog in 2011 and in December of that year I explained how I have been combining the Saint-Nicolas, the ginger bread and the Dame Tartine traditions into the making of a culinary creation during the month of December. I haven't posted last year's yet because we made it a competition with my sisters and one of them was so late she forfeited...




For this first year of the competition, we decided to keep the original theme of a house (like seen above.) The only other rule was that everything was to be edible. Carole made hers first as she wanted it for her ward Christmas party. Unfortunately, her house collapsed but she combined it with the Christmas log she was also making for the party and it turned out ok!





Stéphanie built a cute Alsatian house. She definitely wins the most points for following the tradition. Her house resembles the most the original Dame Tartine! 




I did try to make a canopy/awning for the wood in our house too but I couldn't find anything light enough..I now have ideas..Anyway, for ours, we built Keld's dream home: a cottage with a red roof.














It was pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment