Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Post for Aunt Emmy or A Cry For Help

January 6th, the Epiphany, is the day of the Kings or Wise Men. In France, we celebrate this day with a nice tradition. You eat a special cake (I told you it was a nice tradition) inside which is a special object, called santon. The person who gets the piece of cake with the santon is the King or Queen (and that person has to bake the next cake and it goes on and on, very nice tradition indeed).

Anyway, the special cake is supposed to be a galette, but since there's no chocolate in galettes, I always make a chocolate cake instead. This year (like every year I suppose) I left the decorating part to Keld. And here is what we got:




I admit I probably would have done worse. Now, we hope that Aunt Emmy can see how much she is needed in Timmins! It's true, Mom has been taking classes on decorating cakes, but still, if you ever want to move, Emmy, we'll have work for you!

1 comment:

  1. So I read the first part of the blog before seeing the picture, and i was thinking aw, thats so sweet that she thought of me... and it cant be THAT bad... then i scrolled down and burst into laughter... no offense :)I WILL BE ON THE FIRST PLANE OUT!!!! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete