Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back To School

Julia went back to school today. She did a lot better than last year, probably because we learnt yesterday that she was going to have the same teacher. The other 3 kids her age who were in her class last year are also in her class this year, all the others will be new friends. Knowing what and who to expect made it easier for Julia (and makes me worry already for next year!).






Julia didn't want us to walk her to school (or drive her) because she wanted to take the bus and I thought that we might as well start the routine and make sure the driver has her on his list. Julia did finally say though that I could come pick her up if it wasn't raining this afternoon. Anyway, we all went down this morning to wait for the bus which was supposed to come at 8.15 and was just a bit late.






She has a new bus driver, but I didn't get his name as I was busy trying to take a picture of Julia who was climbing in without looking back. The driver kindly told her to turn around and smile for me. Then she proceeded to go to "her spot" (first row, window, where she used to sit last year) but there was a lady sitting on the bench and so Julia asked her to move. The lady checked her list and was surprised to see that it was indeed Julia's spot again this year. Last year she was supposed to sit with a classmate named Chloe, but because they didn't get along they had to switch them and I noticed that Chloe was sitting a few rows back. I wonder if that lady will sit with Julia all the time to keep her quiet :)
Anyway, off she went and I hope she's having a great day, still tear-free!




I'm left with my two other monkeys!!




Next year, Kelden will be going too!!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like her day started out a lot better than last year! Hopefully she has a good time. That's so nice that she will know a few other kids in her class. That was one thing that made me happy about Jordie's class too. There are 2 kids from our ward in his class, one of them is our backyard neighbor so he knows her pretty well.

    Julia looks so old climbing on to that bus all by herself. How did Kelden do with her leaving? Caitie has been crying every time we drop Jordan off, but I think she'll quickly get used to it. We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's doing a lot better than last year, for now! Kelden doesn't seem affected at all, he is used to it I guess from last year. I think he would miss his brother more :)

    ReplyDelete