Saturday, December 12, 2015

Let the celebrations begin!

Our Christmas traditions start with watching the animals every year around the end of November/beginning of December. I found it very spiritual as I replaced for seminary as well. 




We participated in one of Auntie Becca's tradition in a Family Home Evening. Thank you!











We also went to Aunt Ashley's as she (and James) agreed to babysit our kids while Keld and I went to Keld's work Christmas party (for those of you thinking your tax money isn't spent well, let me reassure you; we had to pay for it all).  The kids ended up having a sleepover, they were so excited!! We came by for breakfast with doughnuts.  Thanks again!








I thought I also had a video of Linda, but I don't. She is amazing at pulling her brothers around!

I posted earlier how we celebrated Saint Nicolas Day with our traditional edible creation. I think I know more people born on December 6th than any other day. Julia was invited to Avenlea's birthday (which is on the 6th) but she celebrated on the Saturday. Julia was at her place all afternoon and we all joined us for supper. Avenlea's grandfather is living with them and he is very into French politics so it was interesting (French are voting this week).




A few days ago I heard a Colorado lady on the radio saying it was National Brownie Day. I am not American, but I had already decided to make brownies that day!




And yesterday we kept another tradition. We went to the annual show put on by the French Catholic High School: Pikatou. It's free (they only ask for a food bank donation). Zack had already gone with the school during the day, but he was happy to go back.





It's too bad I forgot my camera as Julia volunteered to go on stage to decorate the tree. The decorations are always thanks to Jesus for something special (like Christmas, a warm bed, family and friends). They also had children from the audience to be Joseph and Mary. I like that they emphasize that Christmas is about Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment