Sunday, July 15, 2012

14 juillet


Yesterday was our national holiday but, of course, we started celebrating earlier.
I thought I would dress my kids in blue, white and red (3 colors, 3 kids, it sounded like a good idea) and take a "French flag picture". My kids, however, weren't into it at all and we didn't get a great shot. We did try and try and try again...I even asked Keld to help.









I thought I would try the next day, but the kids were worse and didn't even want to participate. (I told you they felt more Canadians than French). Julia said she would take a picture of us though.






Since I couldn't get a flag out of my kids, I decided to get it out of cupcakes. (Okay, I had decided to make cupcakes no matter what).









We also had food at the cottage to celebrate. Special had made a special dessert last week with the 3 colors, and yesterday we had brownies.








And now, what you've all been waiting for...our rendition of the Marseillaise! Our national anthem like you've never heard before...






Vive la France !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment