Sunday, July 1, 2012

Canada Day

Today, Canada turns 145 (if I'm not mistaken). It sure deserves some celebration, meaning some cakes! My favorite Canadian Mom provided them all.







And, of course, we got to sing (no candles though). As you will hear, some are more patriotic than others.






This is our second week singing all together, I wonder if we'll ever get good enough for Sacrament meeting one day :)

Now, here are pictures of some of my favorite Canadians. Warning: some people need haircuts...












I know,  I know, your favorite Canadian is not represented in this post. That's what happens when you're behind the camera, you're not in the picture/movie! I will make sure I am in the post celebrating France. After all, being Canadian officially doesn't make me less French (as you will have noticed!). Even after over 10 years in this country, I still feel very different, being far away from my family, my friends, my comfort zone -where people think like me, speak like me, eat like me, talk as much and as loud as me, etc.  I guess it is the opposite for my kids. They too have the two nationalities, but they certainly feel more Canadian than French.






Happy Canada Day !

1 comment:

  1. it's different for me. I feel more and more swiss even though I don't have the nationality yet ! But I guess being a border country, it is not the same than being a country on the other side of the ocean ! :)

    ReplyDelete