Sunday, November 18, 2012

Our Latest Adventures

Skating

Since both Julia and Kelden got skates for their birthdays, I brought them skating. I started with Julia (Kelden was too tired the first day we went).





We went back this past Friday, with Kelden this time. Julia was already doing a lot better. Okay, she's still not your next Olympic gold medallist, but, eh, it was only her second time!








Kelden, on the other hand, hated it. I had to hold him the whole time. I wasn't even able to take a picture of him standing up, he would fall right away.






Birthday Party

We were invited to a birthday party yesterday. I didn't ask permission to post pictures of the birthday boy, but here are my kids playing rock stars.






And here is the cake the mom made.




She definitely would have won the ward conference cake contest if she had been able to bring it before we ate it.


Cake Contest

There was indeed a cake contest for our ward conference yesterday. There were prizes for best presentation, best creativity, best taste and best overall.
This is the cake that won best creativity:




And this is the cake that won best overall:




Notice that I didn't take any pictures of the competition :)


Glue

I have to put a picture of Zack and his Dad because lately, that's what Zack has been doing: asking for and sticking like glue to his Dad!




We brought him (and the others) for immunizations this past week. He started screaming as soon as he saw the nurse's room. We tried to weigh and measure him. Tried. His bum never touched the scale, he was moving in my arms so much I couldn't put him down and so we stopped before it went past 22 pounds. After that, the nurse and I held him tight and she said he was 34 inches.
These measurements make him tall for his age and too light for his height. I knew exactly what to do to make him gain weight instantly: put him on Special's scale. According to that "heavy" scale he is 27 pounds. I tried to shrink him too, by re-measuring him, and he is now 33 and a half inches. And that places him nicely at the 75th percentile for both weight and height :)
And, just to let you know, the nurse gave him last year's flu vaccine. So we have to go back in 4 weeks. We can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment