Thursday, December 6, 2012

St Nicholas Day

I don't make gingerbread houses (unless they ask me too in YW) because I don't like gingerbread. It's too bad because it really is what you eat to celebrate St Nicolas' Day and making those houses really seems like a big tradition here. To compromise, I still make a house -or something I build just to eat- on December 6th, which happens to be some of our family members' birthdays as well. 

This year, I wanted to make an edible Nativity Scene. I asked my sisters for ideas but they didn't help much.  That's my excuse :)  At least my kids helped me in the kitchen.







Julia had a hard time letting Kelden have his turn...






Yes, Kelden volunteered for dishes.
Before Keld came home we had almost all the "pieces" we needed (I hope you can tell which is what/who).






We let him put the pieces together..because that was the hard part. We actually weren't able to glue the star anywhere...




Like I said, I didn't have enough ideas, I think it could be much better. I should have built something else (like stacks of wood) where we could have put the other characters. Maybe I will try with more chocolate next time...
We didn't put candles, but we sang !


 


We hope Aunt Alli had a great birthday. Here's her picture (a few years ago, when I met her).




2 comments:

  1. Aw thanks. I love the cookie Nativity! What a good idea. We miss all of you. I can't believe how much Zack has grown since this summer! And Jordie has been wanting to tell Julia that he got his glasses. He's pretty excited to be like his cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! Don't be so hard on yourself, you did great :) I wish I had as much talent as you when it came to baking.

    ReplyDelete