Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ward Christmas Dinner

Our ward Christmas dinner was at the end of a somewhat stressful week and neither Keld nor I were ready for the chaos. We are usually 60 people at church and there were more than 150 attending the supper (or so I was told). There was no table left when we came 15 minutes early. Maybe we should serve breakfast on Sunday mornings, people might then be on time (and come with friends) !?!

 I had chosen to participate by making some desserts. I made two Christmas logs.




Last year all my decorations (sent by my parents from France!) were stolen. This year, my two Santas were already gone when I arrived at the dessert table. Needless to say, I'm not making that ever again for church. I'm glad they didn't take the plate because it wasn't mine!
The program was in the chapel, which unfortunately lost its status of place of worship to become an auditorium. That choice of location also meant that I couldn't take any pictures. I tried to take some before they came in, but it was so chaotic (people coming and going everywhere) that I quickly gave up the idea of a group picture and only took our family. Keld was a shepherd.




Julia was part of the choir of angels (I think I'm only missing one) who actually did sing.




After the program, Santa brought the last chaotic touch. They were received by age.








I think Julia already looks too big for that.
A few hours after this picture was taken she got sick and threw up all night. I'm glad it was her and not the boys though. Let's hope they don't get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment