Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Both Julia and Kelden had prepared some gifts for their dad at school. I like Kelden's teacher's idea: BBQ spices! It means we have to buy steak now, right?




Julia did some drawings of her dad's favorite toys and then put her picture on them.





On the back there is a magnet so Keld can display them at work.

At church, they also prepared a little gift (Root Beer for a great Pop) and answered some questions. According to Kelden, Keld is 880 years old (so now I am flattered that he thought I was only 50) and he spends his day playing with him (he wishes!). His dad is really good at building legos and Kelden loves him because he fixes his toys. On the other hand, his dad loves him because he gives him lots of hugs.
According to Julia, we never celebrated Keld's birthday this year since he is still 33! She doesn't know what he does all day but supposes it's work. He is good at making beds and she loves him because he is special. He loves her because she is cute.
They both ended the sentence: My Dad always says....by "I love you."

This afternoon, we went for our traditional Father's Day cemetery tour, remembering Grandpa Bruce's and Special's dads who have passed on, as well as other family members. 





 


 I hope Keld had a great father's day with his children.




Grandpa Bruce only had two of his children, but I hope he had a good day anyway!




My dad only saw one of his children today, but we did get to talk to him!




My parents are planning to come to Canada next year, so maybe we'll have Father's Day with him in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment