Friday, July 11, 2014

3 Days With 4 Vaughans

Growing up I always thought that if I was able to have children, I would have a large family. Maybe because I admire my dad so much, I thought I would, like him, have six children and maybe, like him, lose one (although I was thinking more miscarriage than still-birth). I have been able to have children, but I haven't been able to realize the dream of a large family. This week I got a really mini-tiny glimpse of what it might have been like to have a large family as 4 of the Vaughans' kids stayed with us during the day for three days. Like I said, only a tiny glimpse. I was so proud though, going outside and having people look at me, thinking: "Wow, this woman is incredible! 7 kids! How does she do it?" (OK, they probably actually were thinking: "This woman is crazy! 7 kids! I wonder if they're all hers or if she has them only for the summer vacation..").
Anyway, here are some pictures of those 7 kids. The boys:







The girls:





They sometimes played together:






We all survived and we're all still friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment