Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sportsman Show

We traditionally go to the Sportsman Show. The kids like the free stuff, the birds of prey show and the big machines. This time, though, Kelden's favorite was the Fan Expo. It was almost like going to Disneyland. He got to "fly" in the Millenium Falcon and take pictures with Star Wars characters.








These last two are not the same. Kelden knew the difference, not me. Just like there were also Star Trek stuff but Keld had to tell me because I didn't recognize them, having never watch the show or movies.




But I recognized Grendizer (although in French we call him Goldorak) while Keld didn't have a clue who he was. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older than Keld or if Goldorak was more popular where I grew up.


 

I also recognized one of the three famous people that were there for autographs and pictures, although I didn't know his name. I knew he was Canadian and could name one show in which he has appeared (that wasn't the show he was promoting, of course!). I didn't wait in line for the autograph or the photo booth, but I did take a picture so I could check back home and see if I was right (I was, and I found his name, but since it's definitely not a major piece of information my mind has already forgotten it, it's Kris something-something),


 

The next day at Church, as I was looking back for some reason, I saw that one of the other two famous people of the Fan Expo was seating with the missionaries! I did recognize him at that time, he is the writer of Captain Canuck.
Anyway, as you might have guessed by now, the FanExpo was all about superheroes.




Julia wanted to take pictures of the girl superheroes but they are so inappropriately dressed...Zack, on the other hand, didn't want to have anything to do with the heroes. I think he was scared of the bad guys, maybe especially this one:




So he decided to go with Keld, fall down the stairs and look like a real bad guy without having to put a mask or make up on.. Oh la la. It hurt and it shows.




It's a good thing the staff knows me at the school. The moms bringing their oldest kids for this first week might wonder about me though. I do try to blame it on Keld who has actually won a prize from one of the draws at the sportsman show. It's a BBQ camo apron.




 So now, he doesn't need a birthday gift, right?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment