Monday, November 7, 2011

Kelden's birthday

Unlike Julia, Kelden wasn't impatiently waiting for his birthday; I don't think he had any clue it was coming. And I don't think he realized it was there when he got up and saw this.


At least, he didn't look impressed at all.


Julia, on the other hand, was pretty happy to help. As seen in the previous post, she loves opening presents.



Kelden was even encouraging her to play first. I wonder if he thought we had jinxed his present or something.
But he got into it, on time to like it enough not to want to go to church.



I had to put a picture of Zack somewhere.

Anyway, after church and a baptism, we went to Special's for cake. We had to wait for the birthday boy to finish his nap (he often naps in the truck as he falls asleep on the way home).



As you can see, Special made a cake that went along with the train theme. She actually also offered him a Thomas the train that is supposed to move when you blow the whistle. Supposed to, but unfortunately it didn't work. Kelden likes it anyway.
At Special's, Kelden liked to open the presents.





He was very happy with all he got.



I tried to take a picture of him with his new clothes but he won't let me take him by himself.



Yep, I had to put another picture of Zack :)

Voila. Our birthday week is over (although we do have a niece turning 4 tomorrow). I need to thank Mom for all the cakes. It really must have been a whole birthday cake week for her. Now she can work on something else! I also want to thank the Little Scotts for always celebrating with us, it really makes it a party with them!

Jordan asked me how it is to feel old. I don't feel that much older yet. I think next year might be different (turning 35, closer to 40 than 30, closer to not having babies any more, etc.).
It will probably be the same with Julia and Kelden. She will be in grade 1 and he will be going to school...

No comments:

Post a Comment