Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Break

March Break is over. I hope Julia had fun, I know Kelden was happy to  have his sister with him for a week. The first activity she wanted to do was to decorate some eggs. I know it's early, but she said that since Special is already all decorated for Easter, she should be too.





A classic activity during holidays (okay, and anytime): making a chocolate cake. We tried a new recipe this time, from one of her books.




I think she liked it, even before it was done.

A surprising activity: playing school. She arranged a classroom in her doll house for Barbies and Princesses.



My favorite activity: going for walks. It's a good thing it also was Kelden's favorite. He'd prefer to walk and let our lazy Julia use the stroller than going back home. He loved the puddles.





Julia did walk too, don't get me wrong. She liked to break the ice, and we did go see her teacher who lives close by (I know, she can't even last a week!)




Julia thought it was so nice outside that, instead of walking, we should go swimming at Grandpa's pool. I said not yet. It didn't stop her and she and Kelden pretented to swim at home.






Remember that pose?
It was actually Julia's favorite activity: to be with her best friend, Linda. We went to visit them, they came to visit us and Julia was even invited for a sleepover. She was so excited. Of course, I don't have pictures of that but I do have proof that we saw Aunt Ashley as Kelden's haircut is much better now.

Before:

After:


I was told Julia didn't party too hard at the sleepover, but I don't know...she was sleeping before bedtime.




Holidays are so tiring!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fun March break. Julia looks so tall in that swimming suit picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's approximately 43 1/2 inches. I'm not good at reading charts but I believe for (almost) 5 and a half years old it's a little bit above average, that's why I'm always surprised when I go to her school and most of the kids in her class look taller than her (Keld keeps telling me it's probably because Julia was born in November).

      Delete
  2. That is the cutest bathing suit!!! I wonder if it comes in sawyers size :)

    ReplyDelete