Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter

We started celebrating Easter with, as I have already mentioned, Zack's birthday on Friday evening. Saturday, and also Monday, the kids enjoyed Keld's time off as he took them for bike rides.




It was quite cold (it was all white again on Monday) and they couldn't stay outside too long. So Kelden decided to hire his father for the vacuuming (I never do a job good enough for Kelden..he wants me to vacuum every morning and every afternoon).





Sunday started with the treasure hunt. The Easter bunny had come and left clues, along with chocolate, in coloured eggs. Julia would decipher the clues and Kelden would eat the chocolate.




Zack tried to help too.


 

Zack is obviously more of a morning person than I am.
The treasure was in the dryer, but I had taken a picture before.




I found a book somewhere for Zack, Keld bought a book and a hat CARS for Kelden and 2 stories for V-reader for Julia (to share with Kelden). The eggs contained chocolate mini-eggs (to share with the parents). We used to buy princess chocolates but Julia wouldn't eat it. She is now a Kinder egg fan and we had told her we would buy her one when they were on sale, which we did. Special also got them a nice little bunny and Kelden really enjoyed biting his nose.




Anyway, after the treasure hunt, we got dressed for church.




I couldn't get all three of them together. I couldn't get a family picture either. Well, at least I don't think we got a good picture.




The Primary children were singing during Sacrament meeting. Julia was really stressed-so stressed she was sick- but she did fine, as usual. Kelden, on the other hand, didn't sing a word. It was his first time in front of everybody, so hopefully next time he won't be as intimidated. He did a bit better for Family Home Evening, but, and you'll probably notice, they were pretty excited that day.





I didn't know what my family was doing for Easter, but on Tuesday when I talked to my Mom she told me that they had all celebrated together. My parents had all their children and grand-children with them, except for my family of course. They were together at Christmas too, and I had asked them to take a family picture, which they never did. So my Mom proudly told me on Tuesday that she had thought of me and had a picture for me. (Just to let you know, our last "true" family picture was taken 12 years ago when I came back from my mission. My parents did have their five children together once after that, in 2005. However, since I had come by myself, the family picture wasn't"truly" complete because Keld was missing. The 5 of us haven't been together since and I really wonder when we will ever be. My brother wasn't there last time we went to France and he probably won't be there next time either. That's why I have been asking for a picture of everybody but us, because it's the best we can get.) Anyway, my Dad sent me the picture.




Well, I was expecting a lot more people in the picture! Even in that picture, one brother-in-law is missing. I don't know when she will be able to try again, with everyone this time.
My Dad sent me a couple of other pictures and I thought I might share our traditions. The following picture is "the cake with the hen in the middle." I usually make a cake like that for Easter too. I had actually bought everything to make Cheryl's recipe for Easter Monday, since it's a cake with a hole in the middle (where I can put mini-eggs with a rooster on top. For some reason, I can only find roosters here. Knowing that, my Mom had come prepared last year bringing me chocolate and caramel hens). Anyway, I decided not to make the cake this year because we had enough leftovers from the birthday.




And this is the Easter tree.




I haven't started the tree tradition yet. I'm thinking about it. It's not as appealing as it's not edible :) Maybe I should hang some chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment