Monday, April 16, 2012

Zack's report

For his birthday, Zack got to go to the nurse. I don't know if he remembered last time, but as soon as we entered her room, he started crying. We had a hard time weighing him and measuring him, so you can imagine how he reacted when she came back ready for 3 needles...It took a while before our Zack was back to his natural happy self.




22 pounds, 30 inches. Very average  (if I'm not mistaken he's a little bit below the 50th percentile for weight and a little bit above for height). He's growing well and we're happy!

This past month Zack has really enjoyed going outside. He is jealous when Julia gets out in the morning and he has to stay inside because at 8 o'clock, it's still too cold for him. He waves at the window instead.





It's usually warm enough in the afternoon, and if it's still too cold, I put the "bubble" around the stroller and we go anyway (we've been inside too long!).






When it is nice enough, he likes to play on playgrounds, like his older siblings.






Getting fresh air to help sleep at night didn't work. This month, instead of "Sunday will come," I've been thinking "6 o'clock will come." I get up for Zack I don't know how many times at night (I try to give him some time, but he never falls back asleep on his own, I have to go (most of the time I just give his soother-should never have started that thing with him). Kelden wakes me up too (usually only once now- his major problem is that he still won't fall asleep before 9.30). Anyway, after 5, when Zack wants up, Keld takes him. From 6 to 7, I know I have a whole hour during which I won't have to get up (except on Sundays).  Of course, I can't sleep, because of piano playing and other noisy toys, but, eh, a whole hour knowing that I won't have to get up is wonderful. I should ask the nurse for some of the vaccines she gave because that night he slept without waking up for over 11 hours (I actually thought he might be dead).

No, you didn't read wrong, Zack can play the piano. and the harmonica too.





Well, what can I say, when you have a big brother to teach you, you learn fast.





Papa might help in teaching about tools...

No comments:

Post a Comment