Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School

Today Julia got up early- before anyone else- as she was excited to start school.




She had chosen her favorite outfit (the white skirt with a Barbie T-shirt -she's slowly moving from princesses to Barbie).




She tried but couldn't hide her stress.




A good thing the whole family was there to give her moral support.




A last hug to Kelden, who doesn't go on the bus with her until next week.





And off she goes with Mr Fern.




We anxiously waited for her all day.




She finally came back and no, she had not cried at all! We're very proud.




We had gone over to the school yesterday to find out who her teacher and classmates would be. She is with Mme Lucie and she is with the friends she wanted to be, so it's all good.
I don't think it will be as smooth with Kelden on Thursday (he starts with half days, that's why he won't take the bus this week). We'll see...


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad her first day went so well and that there were no tears! I remember how much I loved school when I was little, I hope she will love it just as much :) Have a good year Julia! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her second day wasn't so good. She knew I was coming to the school and when I came she was with the secretary, crying. I brought her back to her class and the teacher asked me if she really didn't have a sore throat...

      Delete