Sunday, August 26, 2012

Zack, 16 months

At 16 months, Zack measures 31 inches for 24 pounds, which puts him below average for both height and weight. I guess he can keep eating snacks...




Apparently, he's also "below average" for communication. According to the nurse's questionnaire, he should know at least 5 words by now but he only says one: "maman." "Maman" also stands for "Papa" and basically everything else. Any other word he tries to pronounce is either incomplete or to be guessed. For example, he will go to the fridge and ask for milk by hissing: "sssssiiiiiiii" which is the beginning of "s'il-te-plaĆ®t." I know, he's at least trying to be polite. He actually says "thank you" a lot, well, his version of it: "taime." A contraction of "je t'aime," it stands for "thank you" as well as "je t'aime" of course. "Bye" and "hi" are also interchangeable, especially since he pronounces them the same way: "I"
Oh well, he will learn...




He's not late as far as walking goes (at least compared to his siblings).




And now, for the many people who ask me if I choose the Mohawk style on purpose, the answer is no. It's totally natural and I don't mind it.




I like him just the way he is.

2 comments:

  1. ME TOO!! (I like him just the way he is!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those incomplete words count as words too! (he's trying to say them) So I say he is right on track as far as talking goes :) And I LOVE his hair!!! (at least he has some!) What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete