Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School's in, but Summer's not out

Going back to school makes it feel like it's the end of the summer but we've actually had really nice days lately. We've been enjoying them, since we know winter will be long. For example, we brought Papa to the dinosaur park.












He had a good time with his boys. Julia was working on the monkey bars. She's been trying all summer but has only succeeded once so far (I know, my kids are definitely not athletic)





We also went around the lake, something Julia likes to do but I think Zack walked-or ran- just as much as she did this time!




And, since it's been so warm, we got the sprinkler out again!





Hopefully the kids can still enjoy the sun after school. It was Kelden's first full day at school today and he got to take the bus with Julia, which greatly diminished her amount of tears. (I wish I could say she did not cry, but that would be a lie).





I took this last picture as he was coming home. I think he had a good day!
But don't ask me how my first day with just Zack and I went; it was depressing. At least last time (when Julia started school and I waited for her with Kelden) I was pregnant, so technically it wasn't just the two of us. This time, I feel old.
In the extra time I had today, I put all the baby stuff away, wondering if I will ever need it again.
Did I say today was depressing?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he had a first good day. Not glad your day was so depressing though! We should go for walks once I only have Bruce and you only have Zack, it will give us something to do and hopefully make it less depressing with someone to talk to!

    Love you!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete