Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stake Conference

Last week-end was our stake conference in Sudbury, starting at 11.30 am with a service activity. We were on time (our alarm clock never fails-thanks Zack!).  We were assigned a nice park, close to the church. The kids were able to help and play as well.









In the afternoon the kids played at the church, while Keld attended meetings.




I don't have more pictures as I was too busy following Zack around in this dangerous place. I knew it would be particularly difficult as Zack doesn't sleep in the afternoons and I couldn't go for a walk, like I have done before, because Julia and Kelden would have both been fighting for the seat in the stroller. Sister Goldthorp tried to help me  the best she could and taught Zack how to stick his tongue out. He still can do do it.




I stayed for the evening session while Keld and the kids enjoyed the pool at the hotel. They had a lot of  fun, but Keld was too busy to take any picture. But he told me they were good and very helpful.






We got ready early enough on Sunday morning and headed back to the church. Keld jokingly told the family seating in front of us that they should move because our kids are pretty noisy. They said their kids were probably noisier. Then an announcement was made on the microphone to tell people to quietly take their seats and Zack started screaming and screaming and the father turned back and said : "You win!"




While Kelden slept most of the session, Zack only fell asleep for the last half-hour. Then, of course, everybody was awake all the way back. Kelden had us stop for an emergency bathroom break and Zack made sure Keld didn't fall asleep by screaming very regularly. We finally made it home and I was going to make cookies or something for Mom's birthday but the most wonderful home teachers came and so I decided to postpone. We made crepes for her yesterday instead. I read this morning that she had celebrated this week-end with Dad, so she did have a special day on her birthday.




Sorry Dad you missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment