Monday, January 27, 2014

Who Would Have Thought ?

We were Skyping with my mom a few days ago and I said to Julia: "Do you want to see Grand-mère fall off her chair?" She looked at me, puzzled. "Go get the rag quilt we made." My mom did not fall off her chair but you should have seen the look on her face ! She wondered for a whole minute if I really had made this myself...Well, I wouldn't have if Sister Walker hadn't convinced us to do it as a Young Women's project.

Julia chose the material (I sure wouldn't have picked those colors) and I did my best to sew each square:




Then the squares together:




...yelling at the machine once in a while (okay, way too often....)




...but persevering with a smile:




The "back" is done !




Let's cut the "front" now !




Last step: washing machine !




And voilà !



Sister Walker was so proud (she saw first-hand how hard the whole process was for me. She came to my rescue more than once!) that she gave me her sewing machine. I guess it means I have to keep going now! Who knows, I might get better ;) We already have a few sewing projects in mind and hopefully Julia can learn too. You might not know, but my maternal grandfather sewed for a living. Maybe Julia has inherited his talent...



1 comment:

  1. You did a REALLY good job on that! I love all the bright colors! xo

    ReplyDelete