Sunday, January 5, 2014

Skating

Skating season started on my birthday. To celebrate, Julia and I went on the following day and they let us go for free (there was no cashier -maybe she was at the Santa Claus parade).





People think I bring Julia so she can learn how to skate, but the truth is, I like going skating and Julia is nice enough to come along. So, even if I am the one who needs lessons, she's the one getting all the tips from everyone (adults and younger kids).
The following week, we brought Kelden and an orange thing that is supposed to help you skate. Well, it didn't work for Kelden that day but Julia liked it as it made her go faster.
He tried it again at the oval (the Timmins outside skating rink) and this time it helped (it always works much better with Papa !).





We had Linda with us that day and it was her first time skating. She didn't want to wear Zack's bob skates initially but after touching the ice with Kelden's skates she decided to switch and it worked much better !






We didn't have an orange thing for her, but I had brought something else to help her go faster :)




Yesterday we went skating (inside) again.





Kelden is really improving, even if he still can't skate totally on his own.





And Julia now goes too fast for me to take a nice picture !




They only lasted half an hour (I guess they were tired from the swimming earlier :) so I was on my own for a little while.




We now need to get Keld on the ice so Zack will follow !

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I use to love skating, maybe I should go too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! Seeing all these skating pictures made me want to go skating and teach my kids (I'm not good at ice skating at all, but I do like it). I don't think my kids what know what to do at all though.

    ReplyDelete