Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kelden's First Morning at School

Today was the day Kelden had been waiting for for weeks. The day he can finally go to school. Indeed, the school he is registered to has a program called The Little Spoon. They invite the future students for 4 mornings. The kids get an idea of what school is going to be and the teachers get to see how many difficult kids there will be (and then try to split them between the classes in September).
After such a long wait, Kelden was ready. At least he thought so.





He was first quite disappointed not to be able to take the bus with Julia. Then, when we had made it to the school, he wanted to go to the library and buy books (which is what we did last week as they had a special sale). He started pulling me towards the library screaming: "It's not too expensive!" His teacher (who is actually Julia's teacher, Mme Michèle) told me what classroom they were going to use and to just bring him there when he was ready. She knows me and my shy kids! So I told Kelden that there would be books in the classroom and he reluctantly led the way. I pointed to some books and as he was going to check them I left. Mme Michèle was coming in with the other kids and she made sure he wouldn't see me. (I told you she knows how it works with my kids). I stayed in the hall for a few minutes (changing Zack from the back seat to the front seat in the stroller) and, since I couldn't hear Kelden screaming (at least not over the other kids) I decided I was safe to go.






He wasn't crying when I went to get him at noon but he wasn't smiling either. Just like Julia, he prefers to stay with his Mom. Mme Michèle told me not to worry. Just like Julia, he'll get used to it.
As you can see in the above picture, they made necklaces. They didn't get to go outside as it was raining, but instead, they colored.







I'm not certain coloring is his thing.
One thing's for sure, school is tiring!






No comments:

Post a Comment