Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthday on Family Day

Today was a great day. Zack knew it was going to be and so he made sure I was up at 5.30-again- to enjoy it to its fullest. He got to spend some time with Special and Grandpa Bruce in the morning while the rest of us went to the cinema thanks to Auntie Becca! We saw Happy Feet 2. It was Kelden's first cinema experience. I think he liked it because guess who's dancing with penguins now?




Julia was in a hurry to go celebrate Grandpa Bruce's birthday so Keld brought her and Kelden over almost right after lunch.





I think she was also excited to see her best friend.




Meanwhile, Zack and I stayed home and took naps. I told you it was a great day. You might think I'm lazy, I think I deserved it. I know this year isn't so bad, I've already had 4 nights where I didn't have to get up at all between 10.30pm and 5.30am. 4 nights! In less than 2 months!!! I'm well on my way to beat last year's record! I'm actually almost certain I will beat it since 4 nights is my grand total for last year (and that's why even if this year is better, I still haven't recuperated and wish I could take more naps...)

When we were ready we went to join the party.  Dad couldn't wait and so he opened his presents before eating cake!




Mom had made chocolate cake, and she let us bring the leftovers home. Again, I did say it was a great day.




After trying to get a family picture we were on our way. It looks like it might be our last time with the sleigh and shovel. It has melted lots.




Spring soon? 

3 comments:

  1. Spring soon?! Don't count on it, it is suppose to snow the next 3 days unfortunately, but we can always dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, a lot of the snow has MELTED? What? It looks like you still have tons of snow. I can't wait for spring either though. I am being positive about it coming soon too, even though we also have snow coming for the next few days/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both right, there's still snow and some coming, but I have hope. On the road and sidewalks it has melted already so much that we probably won't be able to use the sleigh anymore, which means I'll be able to take the stroller and pretend it's spring :)

    ReplyDelete