Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Most Splendid Shania Twain Centre

Timmins. February 11th, 2012. -31 degrees Celsius (for you Fahrenheit friends, it means very cold). Good thing my batmobile has heated seats. My bum's on fire. Not for long. I got to get out. My mission: take a picture of the most splendid and famous Shania Twain Centre. That's what the not-self-destructive message said. I wonder if I'm going to the right place. It is called the Shania Twain Centre but it's neither splendid nor famous. But since I don't know any other one, I keep going. I pass the most splendid and famous buildings...




...and find myself in unknown territory (that's right, I've never been there before but Keld hasn't visited the Center either...we respectively studied and taught at her high school, so that should compensate, right?)

We meet no opposition. In fact, there's no car in the parking lot. I knew the centre wasn't that famous. But let's not be overconfident. They might be hiding, disguised as ice sculptures...Quickly, I take my picture.




I know this shot  isn't proof enough that this is the right building. I need a closer look. Courageously, I dive into the snow.





My plan is coming together, I decide to be brave and get inside. I pretend to be a crazy foreigner -my favorite disguise- who will not leave until you take some pictures for her.





The young lady tells me she has just the thing for me...behind the wall. Should I trust her? Why not? After all, my valiant knight is right outside, just in case.




When I see what she brought me, I know just what pose to take.




I can't stay long. The nice young lady might get suspicious. So I go back and report. I tell my boss the Centre is just a front. It's mainly the entrance to the gold mine tour. My next mission is underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment