Thursday, October 4, 2012

Proud of Julia

Tonight, I am very proud of my Julia. After only two days of teaching her, she can now bike on her own (okay, I know, she's almost 6 and she can't go too far yet, but still). Keld had tried to teach her this summer a couple of times but he never was available enough to take her somewhere with lots of space to practice. So I thought I would try myself, in our mini-sideyard, with the two little brothers. As you'll see, it's not easy, but we had to try before the end of the season (they're calling for snow).




I think with a bigger bike, she'll do even better next spring!

Julia is also very proud of herself when she sees her big picture (some of you might have seen it).







Kelden is very jealous, but I don't think it will make it easier for his next appointment...

And I have another picture of Julia to post. I took it at the library where she participated in the program to read to dogs.




She's getting pretty good at reading and I love to help her practice, but tonight, when she came back with Sudoku for homework, I thought I might not be of help much longer...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Julia! We're still trying to convince Jordan that riding bikes is fun. That's awesome. I love her big picture too. She's famous!

    ReplyDelete