Monday, October 1, 2012

Zack and I

It's now just Zack and I during the whole day (well, till 3.25 pm) since Keld doesn't come home for lunch any more and the other two have to go to school. Julia realized yesterday that some friends in Primary don't go to school but get to stay with their moms all day (they are, of course, home-schooled).  She told us how UNFAIR that was and this morning she had a bad tummy ache. She knows, however, that I will still send her to school. She actually warned us once, when Kelden had a morning tummy ache, that he was just saying that because he didn't want to go to school. But she did ask me what would happen if her tummy ache got worse during school...
It's hard to send them knowing that they are really making themselves sick, but I find comfort in feeling very flattered that they want to stay with me. I must be such an awesome mom to be preferred to great teachers + tons of friends your age and our house must be heaven if it's better than a classroom full of toys + a library full of books + a computer lab + a gymnasium, etc.



Keld can't wave them goodbye any more 
since he now walks to work and leaves before them.


After the goodbyes, it's, like I was saying, just Zack and I. We have a very flexible routine, but we do like to do certain things every day.

Exercise:




Read:


He's asking me to come sit with him

He gets his love of reading from his siblings 


Emails and lessons on the computer:




Eat:




I had to get rid of the high chair 
since he kept stealing my seat and I couldn't steal his!


Go outside:




We used to play in the park more often,
 but the weather has become cold and rainy, 
so we now put on the coat and the bubble. 





Something I wish would happen everyday is nap time.  Up until last week, Zack would sleep an hour in the morning (nothing in the afternoon). An hour isn't much, for him or for me, but I could get at least some things done (sweeping, for example, that I find very hard to do when he's awake, following me and spreading the dust around again).

This past week, except for Sacrament meeting, he didn't take his morning nap. My first thought was: he'll sleep in the afternoon instead. So I tried putting him to bed after lunch, then after 2, etc. but no luck. My second thought was: he'll sleep longer in the morning then. Again, no such luck; he still wakes up around 5.30 am every day, even if he doesn't go to bed before 8 pm and even if he sleeps in a big bed.



I knew Zack wanted to sleep in a big bed, 
but I wasn't sure Kelden was ready to sleep on the top bunk.

 

I'm still going to wait for a little while before taking down the crib and moving the two boys in the bigger room, this was only their first night.  I just hope they both get better sleeping habits, because, unlike Zack, I don't have a big smile when I don't sleep enough!



2 comments:

  1. He's getting so big! I can't believe he is almost ready for a big boy bed, I guess maybe it will not be as hard as I thought for Bruce in 3 months (lets hope anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 nights so far in the big bed AND one nap yesterday afternoon AND he's taking a nap now. (I'm excited about his napping again :) I think he's really still not sure of when to take his nap, but he knows where!

      Delete