Sunday, October 2, 2011

Disneyworld III Ashley's birthday

For Ashley's birthday we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios and we celebrated in a 50s diner. This is typically American. When I first went to the States (back in 1996) my friend Christyn had brought me to a place like that, where everything is supposed to make you feel like you're in another era (same country but at a different time). But I don't think it was the 50s because if I remember correctly, people were dancing and singing, they were not loud and rude. Maybe it's because I already had a backache and a tummy ache, but our waitress gave me a headache and a ear ache on top of it. Yep, she was that loud. And believe me, I know loud- I live with Keld. But they kept telling me it was all part of the "50s experience." I guess I need to review my American history. I had NEVER associated the 50s with being loud and rude. I actually have never associated being loud and rude with any specific period of time. We, French people, certainly haven't stopped being loud and rude in 1960. We still are loud and rude. And we're very good at it. Now I know what to do when I retire- or maybe next year, when my hair is so gray I look like I've lived through the 50s- I will go work at that diner. I am an expert at being loud and rude and I will bring so many references that they'll definitely hire me (and forgive that I am French).  And then, finally, I will be able to share my talents (those strengths I thought were weaknesses) and I will actually be paid to do what I do best and be just me. I will be able to take pleasure in terrifying other people's kids (and I probably won't just threaten to lock them up upstairs, I will do it too!), calling them names and treating their parents as if they were stupid little kids too. And people will want that. They will expect it. They will pay for it. I will be so good they'll give me an extra tip (on top of the 18% gratuities required for groups of 6 or more). I will be rich and famous, people will ask for me at their table. And then, when the manager can't fire me because I am in such great demand, I will ask for one little change (yep, just one little tiny change). The birthday cake. Instead of a mini white cupcake, it will be -you got it- a giant chocolate cake! Well, at least on November 1st. On September 20th, it will be lemon pie. Sorry Ashley that you didn't get your favorite cake, but I still think you enjoyed your special day!






And we were happy to celebrate it with you (even if somehow I didn't look too happy that day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment