Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I never went trick or treating as a child and I never thought I would bring my kids (although I hear that now they are trying to bring the tradition to France-but it really sounds purely commercial). Anyway, I feel more Canadian than French in October. And it starts with the carving of the pumpkins that we do at Special's with Ashley.



Keld made the Tinker Bell one. We put it in the truck for Trunk or Treat at the church on Saturday. We all dressed up for the occasion.









 


I know what you're thinking Jeff and Becca, and maybe next year we will try to match a bit better...

After the church party, it was the school party for Julia. This year they had a parade in the gym (last year they didn't, but last year the little kids got to go to the bigger kids'classes to get candy, which they didn't do this year). Anyway, parents were not invited to attend that parade -I know their gym would be too small to have everyone- but I called this morning to say that I wanted to come see Julia all dressed up and they told me the time of the parade. So I went. I was the only parent, but it was fun to be able to take pictures of Julia and her friends.Well, her classmates. I wish she had a good friend. Maybe then she wouldn't cry when I leave (like when the school bus arrives...).





Yep, Julia changed costumes. And she changed again for the evening!



It's Keld who brought them trick or treating, since he knows the area pretty well :) It was cold and rainy but they got what they wanted.



It was a fun Halloween!



3 comments:

  1. Julia has some pretty fancy costumes there! Kelden and Zack look so cute too! I'm glad you got to go to Julia's school to get some pictures of her. It looks like you all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keld looks pretty excited about all that candy, tell him it's not his! ;)
    I'm glad the kids had fun, so did Linda. And I'm glad you are more Canadian in October, because Halloween is fun!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are lucky to have so many costume choices! Wow. I love the little grenouille costume. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete