Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Europe 2013: Flying Home

Keld and I both hate flying. I know people who get sick just entering a hospital and that's what happens to me; I get sick just entering an airport (imagine a plane). I have to walk slowly, keep my head up and stay close to a bathroom. Keld probably wouldn't stress so much if he didn't have to do it all: make sure we're where we need to be, at the right time, with all the papers, the luggage, the kids..and the wife !

I was really sick this time. I had to lie down in Frankfurt and even fell asleep on the floor in Toronto.
Fortunately for us, we were in better parts of the airports this time !
We left from the EuroAirport, which is divided into three countries (Germany, France, Switzerland). They still have Noddy and our kids are still fans !






We left from the Switzerland area, the slide area:







If there had been no slide, this is what our kids would have done for an hour:





Because reading only lasts long enough to take a picture:




At Frankfurt, we waited in the helicopter area (much better than on our way there, with construction and no bathroom).









I didn't take many pictures of the flights. I was sick, so was Julia (she wouldn't even watch TV). Zack felt better after he gave up looking for a better bathroom. I guess Kelden was the easiest:




As I said, Zack wasn't too bad, but look at Keld's face...Yep, it says it all.




We all wish we could go see my parents by train, right Zack?




No comments:

Post a Comment