Thursday, July 4, 2013

Europe 2013: Rixheim

After the long flight, and the long wait for the nice people who came to get us at the airport, we were finally at the home of my parents in Rixheim, Alsace, France.






We like Rixheim, it's small but you have all you need (Keld will confirm that; there is a bakery and a kebab shop at walking distance from my parents'place). It is also really nice for walks. Here are pictures of our evening walks for example.








And this is what you can see if you walk just a little further (don't let the strollers fool you, it really isn't far but my kids are wimps).






And this is the cemetery where my parents want to be buried. They will have a nice view :)





We actually already have family in that cemetery. My great-grandmother is buried there. The inscription is in German (Alsace wasn't always French...)




 I also need to show you their City Hall:





 Honestly, Keld should ask for a transfer !




No comments:

Post a Comment